Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sleeeeeeepy

Went out to dinner last night at Bristol's. I was on my way out the door and bumped into some media sales people I used to support and they invited me to go with them to dinner. Bristol's is this MEGA expensive fish/steak restaurant that I had passed by a million times on my way home from work. I had Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with mash potatoes and asparagus and Lobster Bisque before that. I was so full I could burst. It was $27 for the fish and $4 for the soup. The Baron paid for it. ;)

So I was finishing up my fish when I was informed that Chilean Sea Bass or (Patagonian Toothfish) is going to be extinct soon.

TEXT

Ten years ago, Chilean sea bass was virtually unknown in the United States, but since then the fish has become a staple on many upscale menus. Increasingly dire warnings suggest that the trendy toothfish has become too popular for its own good. Environmentalists warn that unless demand is reduced, the fish may face commercial extinction in as little as five years.

Steadily declining annual catches have signaled trouble, and led environmental groups to partner with some of the chefs who first popularized the dish in a campaign to reduce demand for the toothfish. The goal of the "Take a Pass on Chilean Sea Bass" campaign is to encourage chefs to remove the beleaguered fish from their menus until populations begin to recover from widespread and dangerous overfishing, most of which is done by illegal "pirate" fishing boats.

Soooooo DON'T EAT CHILEAN SEA BASS!!!! And I apologize to the one I ate last night but DAMN that was good fish.


Went to Johnny's parent teacher conference, he's doing good, skills improving.

I'm heartbroken that Nikko Smith is no longer in American Idol, think I'll curl up in a corner now.

bye

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Was it anyone I know for the dinner? Did I tell you that I was told about an opening in Chicago office, but I am not interested really. I don't want to go backwards. It wouldn't be the same without you there anyway...and the rest of our team too. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home