Monday, May 30, 2005

Plant UPDATE

DayLilly: No change from when the rabits chewed off the stalks with the flowers, but the leaves are still grean. Prognosis: NOT DEAD YET

Yarrow: SAME but fading fast.

Lemon Verbena: Almost doubled in size, my success story. I seem to have about a 1 out of 7 chance of success each spring with all my purchases. PROGNOSIS: Can't wait till my whole property smels of Spearmint and Lemon. YUM. The former owner has tons of wild spearmint that is growing out of control all over. And some other herb whose smell I can't identify.

Coneflower: Looking a little perkier, dropped the bottom leaves and is a little taller. PROGNOSIS: UNCLEAR

Hollyhock: Growing nicely. PROGNOSIS: GOOD! Another Success!

Crown Vetch: Growing these teeny tiny leaves. Not dead yet. PROGNOSIS: UNSURE but I am optmistic.

Lilac: Still droopy. PROGNOSIS: Regret this purchase, not even sure if it will flower next year. I'm stuck with a friggen $20 droppy green bush. Yuck

Marigolds: Much perkier after watering


Success Story: One of the 7 perrenials I bought from KMart last year has come roaring back with a vengance this year. So basically this flower cost me $28.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM , Blogger Judith said...

Put some dirty socks around the plants bothered by animals, that keeps them away, also human hair does it too, put some in a sock. And the lilac will take up to 5 years to bloom, depending on the size of it....but you HAVE to put lime around it, by the base of the lilac each spring and fall, or you'll never get any flower. LOL Can you tell I'm a HUGE gardener??? Giggle

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sounds like STL is a challenging planting environment in some ways. Lots of critters there it seems.

That's the one thing about living in a city, less room to garden, but less critters usually.

The main obstacle with having a nice yard here is litter. I pick up litter on my parkway almost daily- sometimes more than once a day. I will win the litter war though mark my words!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home